Currently it is 2:30 A.M here. I'm still up because of a long list of things. Mainly due to my procrastination skills with my online summer course, composition. Ironic how an author failed a freshman writing course? I thought so. Anyways I'm taking one over the summer to prove I'm not a worthless typing machine. So far? I'm proving I was right to stay into writing... I hope. Today the final draft of the first paper was due! Waited till two hours before the due time to revise it... I made it though and it was turned in on time! It was titled: "Equality's Cage" which I'm hoping to post here, unless the grade on it is wretched. In which case I will promptly 'accidentally' lose all records of it on my computer.
Anyways, I haven't written that much this week! Spent a lot of time away from home at concerts and friends houses! But I do have at least one neat writing opportunity at the moment! And a few more a little later down the road! Right now I'm writing a scene from my story dealing with Kara (Not sure of a name for this story as of yet, another thing to work on!) and editing a couple previously written scenes to submit to a film director of small indie films on youtube. He currently is holding a contest and the winner he will turn their creative story into a film! Albeit a short, youtube styled, film but a film nonetheless! He has at least 1000 subscribers on Facebook last time I checked, and probably more on his youtube account! This will be a neat opportunity to get some of my creative writing in front of a larger audience! Wish me luck eh?
Another possible opportunity of writing takes a slightly less creative side to writing and more of a journalism style. I auditioned for a copy position on the yearbook staff at the college I'm attending! The submission deadline is June 30th, so I probably can't expect to know if I made it or not till after that, but I'm excited! Journalism sounds quite fun and I hope I'll be given a chance to try my hand at it over the upcoming school year!
Another slightly different writing opportunity, and if your any kind of writer I would suggest going for this, I am looking into is writing some Flash Fiction! A flash fiction is a story in 1000 words or less. I have almost determined that NaNoWriMo has killed any short story like that in my abilities list, but I'm willing to attempt it. This will be a good learning opportunity for me to control my words and become more concise, which IS needed to an extent. I found a flash fiction website through a friend (a link to his blog will be at the bottom of the post) which publishes short fiction! Not only will I get to try at getting more work publish, pushing my name outwards, if they use your flash fiction they pay $50 per story used! A totally cool writing opportunity.
Just some opportunities and stuff coming up, stay tuned, subscribe and the such!
Jack Lockwood's Blog: http://www.jakelockwoodauthor.blogspot.com
Flash Fiction Website: http://flashfictiononline.com/main/
Also, Joshua Chrislett's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/JoshuaChislettFilms
No comments:
Post a Comment